COVID-19 Updates (Last Updated: May 21, 2020)
To our customers and friends:
On May 11, 2020, we began a phased reopening of our branch lobbies. Please check this page frequently for details in the coming days and weeks. If you are sick, please do not enter our branches out of respect for your fellow customers and our employees. We have installed features and related signage in each of our lobbies to aid in social distancing and to help protect your health and the health of our employees. During busy times, we may limit the number of customers in our lobby. We ask that you cooperate with our signage and employee directives during your visit. Thank you for your understanding. Our Pandemic Committee will continue to monitor Governor Bullock’s Directive and Guidance for the Phased Reopening of Montana and Established Conditions for Phase One and the Reopening the Big Sky Phased Approach and adjust our reopening strategy, if necessary.
Our Whitefish lobby is now open.
Our Livingston lobby is now open.
Our Big Timber lobby in now open with limited hours: 9:00AM - 11:00AM and 2:00PM - 4:30PM.
Our Big Sky lobby is now open.
Our Bozeman West lobby is now open.
For your comfort, we encourage you to use our drive-ups if your business permits. All offices are available to meet your needs via drive-up and walk-up windows, email, and phone during regular weekday business hours. All branches remain closed on Saturday. Safe deposit box, loan, and other special-situation customers can contact your banker to arrange access by appointment.
- Big Sky: (406) 995-7111
- Big Timber: (406) 932-5265
- Bozeman: (406) 587-1234
- Livingston: (406) 222-2265
- Whitefish: (406) 862-1850
- Toll-Free: (800) 255-7911
We offer many additional banking options. Contact your banker to get started.
- Online and mobile banking – Gives you 24/7 access to your accounts. View account balances, transactions, and alerts; transfer money between accounts and financial institutions; pay bills or another person; and deposit checks into your American Bank accounts. If you aren’t currently enrolled, enroll today.
• Online Banking – See our website to begin the enrollment process.
• Mobile Banking – Search in the Apple App Store or the Google Play app store for "AB Anywhere" and download the app for free to your device. If you are a first-time user, please enroll in Online Banking first.
- 24 Hour iTalk Telephone Banking System – Access your banking information by calling toll-free 1 (888) 547-8880. If you are a first-time user, call the number and follow the verification prompts to set-up your account.
- ATMs – Surcharge free banking at any of our Automated Teller Machines. See our locations.
- Night Depository – All of our locations offer a night depository to use at your convenience. Deposits made after 4PM each day will be posted on next business day.
Your deposits are FDIC-insured up to $250,000. Based on different account ownership categories, customers may qualify for coverage over $250,000. You may use the FDIC EDIE Online Calculator to help calculate your coverage based on your current accounts and/or those you are considering opening. American Bank also offers CDARS (Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service), which is a product that provides coverage above $250,000; contact your banker if you are interested. The FDIC provides additional guidance on COVID-19 and Your Financial Health.
Please be cautious if you receive any phone calls, text messages, or emails claiming to be a financial institution or governmental authority. During these times, cybercriminals manipulate individuals and businesses using pandemic-related fears. Currently, some are posing as representatives from the FDIC and the IRS. Do not click links unless they are from trusted sources. Never provide personal or sensitive information, including passwords, to any third party. Research charitable organizations to ensure their legitimacy prior to making a contribution. When in doubt, hang up or do not reply to the text or email. Instead, contact the institution directly through their website or published phone number. If you believe you may be a victim of a scam or your identity has been stolen, please contact your banker as soon as possible. Below are several resources to help ensure you do not become a victim of a scam:
- FDIC Tips for Avoiding Scams
- FDIC Scams in the Agency’s Name
- CFPB Protect Yourself Financially from the Impact of the Coronavirus
- CISA Defending Against COVID-19 Cyber Scams
- FBI Rise in Fraud Schemes Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- FTC Coronavirus Relief Check Scams
Our highest priorities are the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We are committed to protecting you and our employees the best we can. Click here for current CDC health guidance. The Governor’s Coronavirus Task Force webpage can be found here for Montana-specific updates.
At American Bank, our core values of being locally-focused, caring for our customers and employees, and providing world-class customer service have never been more important. Our objectives are not only designed to limit business disruption, but to lead during a time of confusion. We are woven into the communities we serve, and together we will persevere. If there is anything that we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Take care of your families, neighbors, and friends. As always, thank you for the opportunity to serve you.