Protect yourself from fraud
Debit Card Protection
smsGuardian™ is an anti-fraud alert service for American Bank debit card holders. After enrolling in smsGuardian™, customers will receive text message alerts on their designated mobile phone of possible fraudulent purchases made with their debit card. Customers will have the opportunity to reply back to the text message to report an unauthorized transaction, which will initiate the Bank’s fraud investigation process.
- Click on the “Sign Up Now” button below to enroll in the smsGuardian™ System.
- Enter a valid card number followed by the enrollment criteria for the card.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Accept the Enrollment and Opt In Usage Guide.
- Add your device by entering your mobile phone number, include your area code.
- Verify your device by texting the unique code displayed to Guardian at 27576. You will receive a reply with a status showing Verified.
- By clicking the Preferences tab, you are able to set up your local time zone and a Do Not Disturb Window. By setting up Do Not Disturb any alerts that would have been sent to you during the Do Not Disturb time window will be held in a que and sent to you when the time window is up.
- You may edit your preferences at any time by clicking the Preferences tab and then Edit Preferences.
Sign Up Now
The following transactions will trigger a text message alert. These transaction types are based on a set of criteria selected by American Bank and may change without notice. They do not necessarily mean that your card has been used fraudulently, but you will receive a message each time these types of transactions occur.
International or out-of-state transactions
- Purchases/authorizations greater than $100
- 4 or more transactions in 24 hours
- Declined transactions/authorizations
- Card not present transactions - phone or on-line purchases/authorizations
- Fuel transactions
- This added layer of security enables fraudulent activity to be identified and stopped immediately. If the purchase is fraudulent, reply with the code on the text message and your card will be blocked. A blocked card will require you to contact American Bank to request a new debit card. If there’s no reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction will be considered legitimate and no further action is taken. A single message will be sent per transaction on each enrolled card. This is a free service, however, standard message and data rates may apply.
- Text notifications will be sent for 12 months and will renew annually. You may unsubscribe at any time by texting the word “Stop” (without quotations) in a reply to Guardian or to 27576, simply calling smsGuardian™ Customer Service at 888-868-8611 or visiting their website. Additional Terms and Conditions may apply.
Changing mobile service providers will require you to re-enroll your device in the Guardian program. Some mobile service providers (Sprint, Nextel, Boost, or Virgin) require that a message be sent every 30 days to remind you of your participation in this program. The alert message will display as:
“Reminder: You have subscribed to ABGuardain transaction alerts for American Bank. Message and data rates may apply. Reply HELP for help or STOP to cancel.”
Please be advised that these alerts do no replace regular personal monitoring of your accounts. If you ever suspect fraudulent activity, please contact American Bank immediately at (800) 255-7911.