Fraud Protection Resources
In the rapidly changing world of technology fraud attempts are constant. While we can't foresee all of them, we'd like to do our best to share information with our customers that could be helpful as we all try to defend ourselves against the fraudsters.
There is no sure-fire way to prevent being a victim of fraud, but informing yourself on the attempts that are trending can certainly help.
The links below are resources that serve to better inform you of these issues.
Trusted and Helpful Web Resources:
- Credit Card & Debit Card Fraud Mitigation Tips from American Bank
- Educate yourself on Tax Scams
- Hacked! Now what?
- Protecting Against Mobile Malware
- Bots, Botnets and Zombies
- Cyber Security and Your Vacations
- The UPS Stores Breach
- Jimmy Johns Breach
- Home Depot Breach
- Dairy Queen Breach
- Secure Online Banking
- SuperValue/Albertsons Breach Take Two
- We would like to suggest you visit the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta’s “Consumer Help and Complaints / Fraud and Scams” page. We encourage you to explore this content to learn more about different frauds and scams currently underway.
- The FTC’s Identity Theft Protection website teaches you how to protect yourself against identify theft.
- The U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team website offers general education on security issues and practices for the nontechnical user.
- Microsoft offers guidance and suggestions for computer security for the Microsoft Windows user.
- The Good Security Questions website offers helpful tips on setting up good security questions on secure websites.
- The Privacy Rights Clearinghouse offers the latest information on breaches and how to protect yourself.
- The Internet Crime Complaint Center is a resource for submitting complaints on scams being committed and a resource for learning about the latest scams.
- The FDIC Consumer News website provides practical guidance on how to become a smarter, safer user of financial services.
At American Bank we are committed to your security – please contact your banker today with any questions or concerns.
Thanks for being a customer of American Bank.